Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm continuing my first post in this blog, I received my e-cig today "the company likes to call their cigarettes "El-Cig".

Here's my review, it hasn't been 24 hours yet, so I can't say much about battery and other things, up till now I puffed the equivalent of 5 regular cigarettes, it's great, so far, I don't feel that I need to light a regular cigarette, the throat hit is pretty much similar to regular, the smoke is great too, I purchased an El-Cig with a manual battery, the mini kit, it's one battery, three different cartomizers, loaded and ready to use, the heavy one "20mg" is blueberry flavored, the medium is apple and the low is coffee flavored, the kit also has a usb charging cable, this is as I mentioned the mini starter kit, I didn't want to pay more, and be sorry later. Well, I'm not, up till now at least, the experience is pretty pleasant, whenever I hit the button, it works.

-I started with the low "coffee" cartomizer, it tastes great, I feel exactly like smoking a regular "flavored" cigarette, then I tried the heavy one "blueberries", the thing I noticed, is that there's no difference in what it feels like, I mean the throat hit, the inhale, it's the same, even though the nicotine level is different. I don't know why I thought that the low nicotine liquid, would taste less, like the difference between smoking a heavy regular cigarette and a light one, but it doesn't. So I think it would be much easier for me to change to low nicotine, or no nicotine later. Still I noticed that my body really feels the difference,  I'm puffing more than usual with the lower nicotine level, so for now, I think I'll stick with the heavy and medium liquids.

-The thing I love about it too, is that it was ready to smoke, I didn't need to charge it first, I just picked it up, from it's neat packaging (I'll write about how it looks next), I opened the cartomizer's cover, screwed it in the battery and started puffing :) still haven't charged it "it's the equivalent of 6 cigarettes up till now".

-It's heavier than usual cigarette of course, it has a big battery, I purchased the supreme (follow link), but I don't mind, the weight is quite convenient in my opinion.

-they wrote a warning, the user should monitor the number of his puffs "read my previous post", and try not to exceed the usual amount that he puffs daily in regular cigarettes. Well they're right, the thing is, the "Rituals" are quite different, you don't light it, and you don't use an ash tray, so since a regular smoker is used to the fact that each cigarette starts with the lighter, and ends in the ashtray, so.. you see the point, the e cig's life span, is between battery charges and changing or refilling cartomizers. On the other hand, I noticed I puff less! since it's there, it's not ending soon, I don't need to stick to it's timing, I puff whenever I feel like it, so the period between the puffs is longer, yet I'm taking less time to start my new session, if there is such a thing. I think in time I'll get used to it, I only smoked the equivalent of "8" cigarettes up till now since I purchased it. I know, I'm smoking too much, when I'm writing or working, I usually keep my regular cigarettes on, they rarely go off, regularly, I would've been smoked 4 cigs at least up till now, so I think I'm smoking less, yet, I still need to watch it, I agree with them "the company" about this point. It's still nicotine, it has both good and bad effects, still too much is not good, yet, when I think about it, I'm not having any tar or the other chemicals I'm usually having with regulars, nor Carbon mono-dioxide, since nothing's burning, so it's much better, and surely my wallet is smiling, I don't feel it poking me to watch it, which takes us to..

Money

I paid 74.59 Euros, I purchased the mini starter kit for 44.99, two e-liquid refills, 5.99 each, and I paid 17.62 for Express delivery. They have free shipping, but since I made my decision and wanted to try, I didn't want to wait for ages in order to get it, I'll be paying more for regular cigarettes, while I'm waiting for it. They sent it 4 days ago, so I think it's good enough (the company is in Latvia, I'm in Cyprus). Any way I'm saving big deal, if you want to calculate it, (follow the link) to their website, under "savings" tab, they have a calculator to calculate how much it'll be saving, for me, I'm saving 1225.9 Euros a year, I can live with that :).

Also there's always the possibility of purchasing the e-liquids from another provider, the only thing I regret now, is that I should've ordered extra cartomizers and e-liquids, since I already paid for the shipping, still, since they have free shipping, and I'm not in a hurry now, since I have enough, that's not a problem.

Cartomizers

I still couldn't figure out, how many refills can the cartomizer handle "if the words cartomizer and atomizer look like foreign language to you, read my previous post, or go to the end of this post, I'll re explain it" so according to their calculator, I think they are mentioning that the cartomizor can be refilled for 5 times. Well they have built in atomizers "they call them vaporizers", each cartomizer has a fresh atomizer, and when you purchase a pack of them, it's 5 cartomizers already filled, for the price of 9.99 Euros, which is the price of two packs of cigarettes over here, each cartomizer is equal to 15 regular cigs, and the e-liquid for 5.99 Euros is 10 ml, I still didn't figure out what is the capacity of the cartomizer, they're saying on the website that you refill about 8 drops of liquid each time, so.. Anyways, let's say I don't refill, 5 cartomizers for 10 Euros "don't let the dot fools you 9.99 is really 10 ;)" so it's 2 Euros each, and it's for 15 cigs, so I'm still saving big deal, my family's happy, I'm satisfied, I'm keeping the pleasure of smoking, just dropping most of the bad side effects and some of the expenses of smoking, still I need to mention one thing, the e-cig companies are not allowed to promote their products as a way to quit smoking, I didn't quit smoking, I only changed to Electric, and it's really my first day, up till now, I'm quite happy and satisfied and looks to me like it's a win win deal for me and for my family.

The looks

In one word, NEAT! I purchased the black Supreme, it's mat with spot gloss curvy lines, a chromium metal ring, which contains the button, and the base is also a chromium disc, it looks great, I'd like to congratulate the designer. I won't have a problem smoking it in public, the thing is, I saw some e-smokers, before, puffing with the e-cig completely hidden in hand "as much as possible", bending their heads, inhaling, and putting the e-cig back in pocket or a drawer, I didn't know why by then, but later, while reviewing e-cigs online, I saw some really ugly e-cigs, some of them really look like an injection, and I mentioned in my previous post, that I already tried the e-cig that looks like a regular one, and I'm not intending to do it again "I just didn't like it, and most of them are overpriced". Actually, mine looks better than the regular cigarette, I love it.

So at last, I think I'll have to smoke it for a week and two, and after that I'll write about it. Before I end my review, I'll include some explanation about the words used in electronic cigarettes:

E-cig, El-cig, means.. Electronic Cigarette of course :)
Cartomizer: it's the part that contains the e-liquid.
Atomizer, Vaporizer: it's the metal piece that turns the liquid into smoke, under 60 degrees Celsius "I read this somewhere" so there's no burning, just heating.
 Manual e cig: is an e cig with a button, you have to push the button in order to inhale, I really prefer this kind.
Automatic e cig: is an ecig that works on inhale, when you inhale the battery works and heats the atomizer, which in turn heats the liquid.

You might also hear the word "Tank" in some reviews, well the tank usually is the container that holds the liquid, yet it's usually big, and clear "most of the times" so you get to see the liquid level inside, but my personal opinion, is that it's ugly, it looks like an injection, or something illegal :)

Some kinds of e-cigs, like mine, has the atomizer "the vaporizer" built into the cartomizer, so you get to change them together, while other kinds, they are separate.

3 comments:

  1. Electronic Cigarettes are equipped with a small heater inside called an "atomizer", the electronic cigarette works by rapidly heating a liquid nicotine solution into a tar free and odorless vapor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new electronic cigarette is already a very popular item. Because of this, many different types have been created. This can be great because it offers many different options for all different types of people.
    Electronic cigarettes
    e-cigarettes
    e-cigarette talk
    reviews of electric cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  3. cigarette electronique are famous due to its various healthy advantages

    ReplyDelete